1.04.2012

{{Mind of Matter}}

Ok, I know I said I was going to blog about why I needed a cookbook. I've decided not to. The fact remains, I need to get better about preparing meals and figuring out life time management. This came to my attention while I was at work yesterday and little man was being babysat by a good friend and ex-co-worker. Let's just say after all the good food she fed him I'm surprised he came home.

Ok, well he didn't want to come home. In fact, he cried hard when he got home for about a half hour. Made me feel like crap. He is at my friends for the month, because my sitter had surgery and needed a few weeks off. My friend is seriously mom of the year. She is watching little man, her daughter (4, already? sheesh time flies)  and her two 5 month old twins. Makes me exhausted thinking about it. But without her we would be so screwed so I am SO thankful she is able to multi-task.

When I came back to work a year ago, I didn't cry. Ok maybe 2 tears. Litterally. I wasn't worried at all. So why am I constantly checking the phone for messages of panic, thinking of sending a message "is everything ok" after a half hour, when I KNOW my friend has this under control. I would trust her with my life, so why am I freaking out???

I'm kinda getting annoyed. There's no reason to freak out. Little man LOVES playing there with her daughter, and it's just a couple weeks (no more than 4 days a week, most 2 or 3). I really need to find myself in this so that the next month isn't spent staring at my phone like a weirdo. I think I'm more worried or my friend, because I know how little man can get, and I know I'd be in over my head, but again, I know she's fine.

1 comment:

  1. You will survive!! From one parent of one little man to another parent of another little man ... You will make it, just take a deep breath and know that if she couldn't handle it she woulda said something. ;)
    Plus, your stronger than you think. :)

    ReplyDelete