So, I'm behind the lens again today for a maternity session. Like always I have my "storyboard" written out. I always jot down pose ideas, and stuff, so that I can keep the process flowing without standing there wondering what to do next. This is usually only applicable for the indoor sessions since often times those are more "posy".
Sadly, I will not be able to show any of this photos on my website, fan site, or here. The couple is very selective on who gets to see those photos and although they sign authorizations saying I can use the photos they have requested I not. So, I'll respect that to avoid aggravation. We went through this with their couples session last summer, and although everyone said I can use them because they signed the paperwork saying I could, I have chose not to. Even thought they were some of the best photos I have ever taken.
I don't know how I feel about being "off vacation" from photography. I feel like I am excited but at the same time, this begins the stress of getting everything done in a timely manner and constant worry about if the client will like them. A lot of stress happens for me with a session. I think I need to work on not being my own worst critic, and understand you can't please everyone. I've only had 3 very displeased clients, and well there's a mile long list of things involved in those sessions. The fact remains, those 3 can not drag me down, in fact I kinda forgot about them until now. Hmm...
Have a lovely Sunday!
i'm still not coming out of my "hiatus" really. i'm not finding any pleasure in working for money anymore. i love photography because i love making people happy. i love photographing my kids. i'm taking on select clients, but, not many.
ReplyDelete