A lot of my friends and I had babies around the same time. I've heard a handful of them say they are ready for another. Really? I'm not in any shape, way, or form criticizing your decision, I'm just scared I'm going to start getting the question, "when are you having another?"
Ummmmm... well..... to be honest.... we're not.
For the time being (and as long as we are living here) there will be no talk of babies. In fact the talk we had ended up being, we love Little Man and don't really want to start all over. He's out of formula (BF was an epic fail despite my 2 months of trying, which I feel I deserve some credit for even that.)
At the very earliest, Little Man would have a sibling in 6-7 years. Hubs and I are planning ahead for life. We want to take him to Disney when he's 5 or 6. We want to travel with him. I was an only child for 10 years and don't get me wrong, my life would be nothing without my brother, but I feel we are being responsible in this. If we honestly can't afford another, don't have space for another and don't really want another, then I don't feel we should have one.
My mother (shockingly) is game for this plan. She said she was perfectly happy with just me for 10 years. I mean she loves my brother (I believe more than me sometimes) but she would have been happy with me.
So with that said... there won't be baby blues or baby talk for the Carlson's. Little man is our world and we are focusing on him and ourselves for the next few years.
we have 6 years between O&S. i love it. O is such a great help. :) i'm 9 years, 11 months and 21 days older than my youngest brother, and we're the closest of the siblings. i never thought i would need my own kids b/c i had him. just do what is right for you guys, no body else matters!
ReplyDelete