1.29.2012

{{Bigger Issues}}

I feel very guilty this morning. I had a bad morning. I ran out of bubble mailers, forgot I had to work everyday so I wouldn't be able to do my one important errand I had planned Thursday, was on E and had to get gas, ran out of printer ink, ect ect ect.

I found out that my friend had her little boy, a few months early, and they are praying that he does well.

It really made me snap into reality that my petty problems were nothing compared to theirs and I sat in my car at the grocery store bawling. I feel so bad for them and am sending many many many prayers their way.

I think I need to go home after my sessions, give little man a hug and thank God for what he has given me vs despite him for what prayers he hasn't answered.

2 comments:

  1. Always remember that God answers all prayers. Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes the answer is no, and sometimes the answer is "not right now." You are *exactly* where you are supposed to be right now. Life isn't always roses, but sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own lives that we forget about the big picture out there. Sounds like you might have had a little Godly intervention to help you remember to appreciate the things you do have. A loving husband, creativity and the ability to make your hobbies generate income, an adorable son, a place to live, food to eat, good health...one of my coworkers, for her resolution this year, decided to actively watch for God's blessings in her life every day. She felt she was taking things for granted. I told her she should write them down on a little pocket calendar, so that on the days where it is hard, she can look back and see all the blessings she has that she's forgotten about. Might be something that could help you on your bad days too?

    ReplyDelete