Ok, so let's face it. I've accepted there will be no house buying within the next 4-5 years. Where I found this to be a very negative stress filled event, I have found a way to find the good in the situation. Pinterest. I have decided for the next 4-5 years I'm going to focus on creating rooms in my head. What do we want in a bedroom? Maybe we want a canopy bed. Maybe we want a chandelier in the bedroom. Just because. I know I want the kitchen to have a wall of chalkboard paint so that we can plan the menu on it, or make a calendar!
I can spend the next 4-5 years looking at paint colors, deciding on themes, and planning. This way, when we are ready to move in, it will basically be go buy the paint and make my 5 year vision come to life.
Now, mind you I JUST started thinking about this 10 minutes ago while looking for DIY projects on Pinterest, but I have managed to take a very stressful thing in my life and make it fun. =)
I'm pretty proud about that.
could you guys rent a small house instead of an apartment? we rented a small but cute (defo fixer-upper type house) 2 bedroom 1 bath when we first moved to jonesboro. it was bigger than an apartment, and the rent was about the same. and we had a yard.
ReplyDeleteSadly, we can't do ANYTHING right now. We are getting spoiled with rent from my dad... but maybe some day soon. It will happen...
Delete