2.17.2012

{{End of a Life Pathway}}

When I started at Appleton Cardiology I was a temp looking for ANYTHING! Little did I know it would turn into 5 years, a lifetime of friendships, and eventually come to an end. We were told yesterday that that end was here.

Thankfully, having being bought out by Thedacare last year that meant one thing. We were safe under their no lay off philosophy. That means they will work with you to find you a new position in the company. Maybe not doing the same thing for the same hours or pay, but you will have a job. I was scared this meant I'd be flipping Laura's "Lean" burgers (You TC ppl know what I'm taking about) in the lunch room.

HR reps / career services came to our meeting yesterday and told us that our options were out there, and the more open minded we were the better off we had a chance of being repositioned sooner. AND not to rule out a job you may not qualify for on every level. This was huge for me. Clerical jobs are a dime a dozen, but it's all I know. BUT if I could look outside of that maybe I would find something.

I found 6 somethings. They are a wide range of positions and I feel each has it's pros and cons but I could do any one of them with minor training and determination.

Just pray for me and my family, and pray that I land one of the 6 and it's a good fit for my family and I. I realize beggers can't be choosers and that's why I'm open to the rotation shifts and night positions to open more options however I don't want to end up somewhere too complicated.

2 comments:

  1. oooh good luck kym!! It's rare to find an employer who has a "no lay off" policy. That's awesome!! You will land something because you are so SCENTsational!!! hehe!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will excel at anything you get, because you have the determination to do it. God never gives us more than we can handle, and what doesn't make sense now will make sense in the long run. Maybe switching jobs will give you that much needed balance you've been looking for these past couple of months. Good luck, wherever you end up!

    ReplyDelete